“Here is a simple but powerful rule – always give people more than what they expect to get.”
In yesterday’s blog, we spoke of the imperative of providing a perception of having added more value to the CSP than the OSS has cost.
If you’re an integrator, when you finish off your OSS projects, what unexpected value-add can you easily throw in for free to give the customer an unexpected surprise at handover? For example, the OSS equivalent of a car mechanic throwing in a free car wash after servicing their customer’s car.
Here are but a few ideas for a free gift (for the organisation, not the individuals especially in case the CSP (or the governing jurisdiction) has anti-corruption laws in place):
- An additional product module and/or capabilities than had been paid for. This could include throwing in a free app if you have smartphone / tablet versions of your OSS solution
- Additional devices or device types brought under management
- Additional automations that make life easier for the CSP‘s new users
- Training that is beyond the contractual scope of the project
- Developing relationships and promotions with the CSP‘s other suppliers, which could be in the form of giving a supplier’s voucher for a percentage off the CSP‘s next purchase, or some other tangible benefit
What other ideas can you think of that might blow the CSP away?Read the Passionate About OSS Blog for more or Subscribe to the Passionate About OSS Blog by Email