Creating an OSS/BSS Transformation Plan
Are you about to embark on a significant OSS/BSS Transformation? Do you need guidance on all of the important steps required to kick off this project, from understanding the requirements through to selecting and contracting the right products, partners and/or resources to deliver? This course takes you on a step-by-step guide on how to develop a plan to implement a new or updated OSS/BSS to meet your needs.
The course takes you through the following key product selection steps:
- Preparing an OSS/BSS product selection process that suits your needs. We assist you to create your own version of the attached Baseline Transformation Methodology
- Using the methodology to generate a WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) that’s customised to your specific needs. Then showing how to transform the WBS into working documents like project Gantt Charts
- Identifying your key requirements (organisational, functional, technical, deliverables) for your proposed OSS/BSS
- Identifying key stakeholders (project resources, sponsors, product users, etc)
- Undertaking a current state and gap analysis
- Preparing an Expression of Interest (EOI), Request for Information (RFI) and/or Request for Proposal (RFP) documents
- Evaluating OSS product capabilities versus key requirements
- OSS product short-listing techniques
- Preparing for product demonstrations
- Undertaking a Proof of Concept (PoC) trial
- Final evaluations
- Contract negotiation recommendations
Note that whilst there are many templates referred to in the Transformation Methodology and as highlighted in gold in the sample Transformation Methodology diagram above, these are excluded from this course. However, they can be added to scope on request or combined with other courses to dive deeper into the prescribed activities.
Video, templates, personal contact
Transformation Methodology, Transformation WBS Template.
|Contact Hours Included:||1 hour session|
Alternatively, fill in your details below if you’d like to find out more about this course: