“Every operator in the industry will argue emphatically that the experience customers have of their service is crucial to their ongoing sucess. As operators’ offerings become increasingly homogenised, and price-based competition ever more difficult to sustain, operators are embracing Customer Experience Management (CEM) as a key differentiator. But just how much of what we hear reflects real commitment and activity—and how much, for the moment, is just talk?”
Mobile operators’ CEM strategies: The market reality.
Key findings from the survey (of 50+ executives at mobile operators) commissioned by Comarch include:
- 43 % of respondents said they have no integrated CEM (Customer Experience Management) programme in place
- BUT More than 75 % of respondents said that their company has a strategy in place that puts CEM at the heart of end-to-end operations for all departments
- 23.5 % have no established timeframe for the introduction of such a programme
- 11.1 % of them did not know whether their company had an end-to-end CEM strategy in place
- 27.5 % of respondents said their companies are only applying CEM strategies to enterprise and high spend customers
- 29.4 % claims CEM is only limited to quality of service
- 49% of the respondents admit to facing inability to align their technical view of the network with the influence on customer experience
- 2% already have their CEM strategy implemented and a further 3.9% expect to have one implemented by the end of 2013
- 41.2% expect to have their CEM strategy in place by the end of 2014 and 29.4 by the end of 2015
Based on the last dot-point, it seems that Customer Experience Management is a key objective for mobile operators in 2014 and 2015. In a competitive environment, where there is relatively little differentiation in services, it seems natural that a majority of mobile operators realise that customer experience is important.
In tomorrow’s blog we’ll take a closer look at how your OSS can help to improve customer experience.Read the Passionate About OSS Blog for more or Subscribe to the Passionate About OSS Blog by Email