“Wherever I see people doing something the way it’s always been done, the way it’s ‘supposed’ to be done, following the same old trends, well, that’s just a big red flag to me to go look somewhere else.”
Has your OSS been SMAC-ed yet?
- Analytics (Big Data)
- Cloud (and Virtualisation)
Have you implemented any OSS innovations to make use of these “next-generation” opportunities yet? Do they actually represent value to your organisation?
Can any of the following provide actionable insights for your organisation:
- Social – Can social media comments, likes, tweets, shares, etc provide customer sentiment trending information (eg precursor to Net Promoter Score results) that helps any of your business units, not just the technology groups
- Mobility – Where people are, where they go, where they spend, spatial command & control, workforce management, friend finder, map-context overlays, find-a-deal, location-aware personal alarms, office finder within a campus, personalise check-in, augmented/game realities with location context (urban interaction), location-based advertising/marketing
- Analytics – Too many to choose, but 20 sample revenue-generating ideas are listed here
- Cloud and Virtualisation – Again, the opportunities are endless, but some are described in this earlier post