“Get the habit of analysis – analysis will in time enable synthesis to become your habit of mind.”
Frank Lloyd Wright.
If you were asked to provide an impartial analysis of an OSS, what factors are important? Every OSS has vastly different functionality but there are several factors that affect the overall experience a user has with a product:
- Usefulness: is the product useful, with a clear purpose?
- Usability: is the product easy to use and interact with requiring little need for guidance?
- Learnability: is the product simple to master quickly with minimal instruction required?
- Aesthetics: is the visual appearance of the product and its design appealing to the user?
- Emotions: is the response to the product and the brand positive, and does it leave a lasting impact on the user?